ABOUT CHOPPIES BOTSWANA
Choppies was born in 1986 in a Botswana Town called Lobatse. The first store was Wayside supermarket. 1993 saw the opening of a second store still in Lobatse.From 1993, Choppies embarked on a great expansion drive, with new stores being opened in the greater Gaborone periphery. The expansion also moved to highly populated geographical areas of Botswana. In 2008, Choppies introduced its footprint into South Africa opening a store in Zeerust North West. Our focal point of operation in South Africa is North West. As part of our expansion drive, 2013 saw Choppies move into Zimbabwe where most of the Choppies stores were acquisitions of the existing Spar network. The first distribution centre in South Africa was opened in 2014 and located in Rustenburg. It was found to be an ideal point as we intend to supply to all stores within a 500km radius.
Of the significant developments that Choppies has been active in, 2014 saw the opening of a distribution Centre in Zimbabwe. Our foresight is to grow into East Africa, with emphasis in Tanzania and Kenya. Choppies believes in potential of the African market hence the continued growth.
How Do We Work
- To: Be a strong responsive provider of consumer goods at affordable prices.
- Give customers the best value for their money.
- Bring products to semi- urban and rural areas.
- Generate sustainable economic development by supporting local businesses and farmers and core value creation in the society.
- Create new jobs and develop all employees to their highest potential and ensure proper skills transfer to the local workforce.
- To be the best service provider of FMCG in Sub-Saharan Africa.